If the brand new Cinder Infinity Scarves wasn’t enough… I have yet MORE exciting news from Litographs!
Their line of Cinder merchandise has done so well (thank you, Lunartics!) that they’ve decided to add a line for Scarlet too. (YAY!!) And because my readers are pretty much the most creative geniuses in the world… we’re once again hosting a contest in which YOU get to design it!
Seriously. I had so much fun seeing the designs created for Cinder that I am dying to see what you guys come up with for Scarlet. I cannot wait!!
All right, here is the official announcement and submission guidelines:
WHAT IS A LITOGRAPH?
A Litograph is art created from the text of a book. Litographs then takes this art and prints it on t-shirts, tote bags, and posters, meaning you can now wear your favorite book! Check out www.Litographs.com to see examples of their work.
Here, of course, is the fabulous Cinder design created by Lunartic Snigdha Chaya Saikia:
And now we’re working on an original line of merchandise inspired by Scarlet!
YOUR MISSION: Create a design to be used as the base for posters, t-shirts, and tote bags for the original Scarlet Litographs line of merchandise.
– The winning design will be used as the main art for the release of Scarlet t-shirts, tote bags, and posters.
– Your design should be inspired by Scarlet: Book Two of the Lunar Chronicles and/or speak to a key theme, or plot point, in the book. In other words, we want to be able to recall the book from your design (that doesn’t mean spoilers!). Your design must fit some general size and style qualifications as in the Litographs style guide. That said, please do be creative!
– Your design should include graphics only. No text please (as the background will consist entirely of text!).
– Please do not use copyrighted images. All artwork should be your own creation.
– Open internationally.
HOW TO SUBMIT
– Please submit ONLY ONE DESIGN. If you submit more than one design, your work will be disqualified.
– Important: By submitting an entry to this contest you grant rights to use this design in forthcoming merchandise, and in display and promotional materials. Please read the terms of service within the typeform for more information.
– Once your design is finished, use this typeform link to submit your design and contact information. Your design will later be posted to my Pinterest page for voting.
ENTER HERE: https://litographs.typeform.com/to/flD9re
– All entries must be received no later than midnight PST on Thursday, November 10th, 2016.
VOTING AND PRIZES
5 FINALISTS will each receive a $50 Litographs gift card. This can be redeemed for posters, t-shirts, tote bags, temporary tattoos, and other great literary products, including those soon-to-be available for Scarlet!
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a $500 cash prize from Litographs and have his or her design featured on Litographs t-shirts, tote bags, and posters to be available at www.Litographs.com, and indie bookstores around the country!!!
Happy designing, and GOOD LUCK!