New Contest: Design the Lunar Insignia!
Although the Subscribe, Friend, and Follow Giveaway is still live, the time has come to kick off the next creativity contest. That’s right, once again, I’m making you guys work for it!
For your chance to win a signed ARC of CRESS, plus other Lunar Chronicles goodies . . . design the Lunar Insignia!
The Lunar what?
Similar to last year’s Flag Design Contest, I’m asking you to create a symbol that represents the country of Luna. The Lunar insignia is used on political documentation, is painted on royal spacecrafts, appears on the doors to the queen’s throne room, and other neat official things like that.
Here are some examples of real-world insignias:
- You may only enter one design.
- The design can be made using any media—crayons, paint, fabric, glitter glue, high-tech graphic design software . . . the choice is yours. Have fun with it!
- Finalists will be chosen based on originality, apparent effort, and how well Luna and the Lunars are represented.
- Artwork must be entirely your own. Please do not use copyrighted images.
- By entering this contest, you are giving me permission to use your design for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting it on my blog, web site, newsletter, and social networking pages, and printing it on promotional items. You retain all other rights to the work.
- Open internationally!
- All entries must be received by midnight PST on Sunday, November 3, to be eligible.
1. Design your Lunar Insignia.
2. Post your design on a public web site, such as your deviantART page, blog, Pinterest board, Tumblr, or public Facebook wall. (That said, please use Facebook only as a last resort, as it makes it difficult to capture and share images.) I suggest that you explain how you arrived at your design, but it’s not necessary.
4. Optional: Include a link to my web site, so your friends, family, and followers can find more information about the books: http://www.marissameyer.com/books
5. Go to http://www.marissameyer.com/connect and fill out the “Contact Marissa” form with your name, email address, and a link to your design. Do this before midnight PST on Sunday, November 3!
Finalists and Voting
I will post all entries to a “Lunar Insignia” Pinterest board as I receive them. After November 3, I’ll narrow the entries down to the finalists and those finalists will be posted on this blog.
Fans will vote to select the People’s Choice Winner.
I will also select a Marissa’s Choice Winner from the full pool of entries, not just the finalists.
The People’s Choice Winner will receive a signed ARC of CRESS, one signed UK edition of Scarlet, miscellaneous swag, and the knowledge that whenever the words “Lunar Insignia” appear in the Lunar Chronicles, it’s referring to your design!
The Marissa’s Choice Winner will receive a signed ARC of CRESS, one signed UK edition of Scarlet, and miscellaneous swag.
ALL Finalists will receive a signed UK edition of Scarlet and miscellaneous swag.
That’s it! Have fun and good luck!