In celebration of the release of
WINTER: Book Four of the Lunar Chronicles
You are cordially invited to a Lunar Ball
The ball is to be held at
Artemisia Palace The Temple Theater
at Tacoma’s Landmark Convention Center on Tuesday, November 10.
Doors open at 6:00p.m. Performance to begin at 6:30, followed by a book signing.
Light appetizers will be served. Additional indulgences include a photo booth
with Her Majesty’s mirror, a masquerade crafting table, dancing, and more.
Ballroom attire is encouraged.
Books will be sold during the event through Garfield Book Co.,
or you can pre-order your copy for advance signing here.
Admission is free and open to the public, but RSVPs on Facebook are appreciated.
* * *
Can’t make it to Tacoma? Check out the rest of the Winter Book Tour stops below.
An anthology of historical YA short stories (in which I am a contributor) comes out next March, and they just released the gorgeous cover! It was revealed on USAToday’s HEA blog this morning, and it is stunning.
And while you’re there, check out the epic synopsis for the collection and the list of A-list authors. I am so honored to be included among such superstars, and I can’t wait to read what they all came up with!
(For those curious, I can tell you that my story takes place during the Deadwood Gold Rush, and it includes ghosts. OOOooooOOOOOooooo…)
Winter comes out in THREE MONTHS, which means big things are happening in the Lunar Chronicles book-launch-machine.
First—the tour dates and cities have been announced!
Times and final details to be announced.
Some events may be ticketed. Please check with your hosting bookstore.
Can’t wait! I hope to see many of you during the tour!
Second, my publisher is hosting a Lunar Chronicles Fanfiction Contest. (Because they’re cool like that.)
This is extra special for me because I got my own start writing fanfiction (Moon Prism Power!), so knowing that there is fanfic of my world and characters is just about the biggest compliment I can imagine.
The Prompt: Write a character from an original Grimm’s Fairy Tale into the world of the Lunar Chronicles. This character must not already appear in the Lunar Chronicles. In your story, this character should in some way encounter one of the main characters of the Lunar Chronicles books by Marissa Meyer. The story can take place at any time between the time periods of Fairest and Cress by Marissa Meyer.
Deadline: September 30
And the Grand Prize: A trip to the Winter Launch Party in Tacoma, WA!
More details and the submission form can be found at http://thelunarchronicles.com/contest.
Happy writing, Lunartics. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Lastly, if you haven’t joined the resistance yet, you’re missing out on some cool stuff, including a new sneak peek of Winter that was delivered to inboxes last week…
Three more months, three more months, three more months…
After an INCREDIBLY CLOSE vote, it’s time to announce our Bookmark Contest winner!
****** DRUMROLL *****
The winner is…. TEREZA!
Congratulations!!! I absolutely love this design and cannot wait to see it printed. I know fans will go nuts for it, too!
Thank you to everyone who entered and voted, and congrats to all our finalists and honorable mentions. You’ll be contacted shortly to claim your prizes!
Here are the six finalists for the Lunar Chronicles Bookmark Contest! I’m not going to say much about these because I don’t want to sway the voting, but just know that I absolutely love every one of them and would proudly print them all!
See, look, admire… then cast your vote below!
And now… time to vote!
You may only vote once. Voting will close July 12. The winner will be announced on July 13.
Good luck to all of the finalists!
There were a total of 278 entries to the Lunar Chronicles Design-a-Bookmark Contest!
If you have the time, I highly recommend scanning through the other entries. So many of them were stunning, and I wish I could highlight them all!
Finalists and the voting form will be posted soon in a separate post, but before we get there, I had to highlight some of my personal favorites with these honorable mentions.
Here are ten that blew me away with their creativity, execution, and artistic prowess.
WHY I LOVE IT: Do yourself a favor and enlarge this one to see it better. There is a lot happening on this bookmark, yet all the design elements are so elegant and tastefully done, and it sort of reminds me of fortune telling cards.
WHY I LOVE IT: Argh, I wish I could get the Pinterest widget to make this bigger, because it deserves to be seen! This illustration is incredibly detailed and I love how the tag lines pull all the books together.
Thank you all for entering and sharing your talent with us! These honorable mentions will each be contacted after the contest is over and will receive a Lunar Chronicles swag pack. Congrats!
Citizens of Luna, I ask that you stop what you’re doing to read this message.
My name is Selene Blackburn…
Click on the image above to read a message from Princess Selene Blackburn of Luna.
Then JOIN THE RESISTANCE and receive your first mission (and maybe win Lunar Chronicles prizes!)
My supply of bookmarks is getting low, and when I was thinking about placing a new order yesterday, I thought – WAIT. This is the perfect opportunity to host a new design contest.
THE LUNAR CHRONICLES “DESIGN A BOOKMARK” CONTEST
YOUR MISSION: Design a bookmark that I can use for promotional swag.
– The winning bookmark will be used as a promotional item for the release of Winter, but you may choose to highlight all of the books in the series, or only Winter, or any combination thereof (including Fairest and Stars Above). As long as it relates to the Lunar Chronicles, your design will be qualified!
– Either marissameyer.com or thelunarchronicles.com (or both) should be indicated somewhere on your design.
– Your design must fit onto a 2×8 inch bookmark.
– You may design either a one-sided or two-sided bookmark. If you make it two-sided, please submit both sides as one entry (i.e., one image showing both sides).
– Your sticker design may include graphics, text, or a combination of the two.
– You are welcome to use any or all of the book covers in your design, but please do not use copyrighted images. Any artwork or photography should be your own creation or you must have permission to use it.
– Open internationally.
– Be creative!
HOW TO SUBMIT
– Please submit ONLY ONE DESIGN. If you submit more than one design, your work will be disqualified.
– Once your design is finished, post it on a public web site. (Pinterest is preferred, but I will also accept Tumblr, DeviantART, Twitter, or Instagram. Please do not use Facebook as it has difficult privacy guidelines. Do not email me your design.)
– Send me the link to your design using the contact form at http://www.marissameyer.com/connect.
– Important: By submitting an entry to this contest you are giving me permission to use your design for promotional materials at my discretion. You retain all other rights to your work.
– All entries must be received no later than midnight PST on Friday, July 3, 2015.
VOTING AND PRIZES
I will gather all entries onto a public Pinterest board in the week following July 3. Finalists will be selected through a non-scientific method of “Loves” and “Repins,” as well as my personal favorites.
All finalists will be posted on this blog and put to a vote.
ALL FINALISTS will receive a signed book and a swag pack of Lunar Chronicles goodies.
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a set of signed books, a limited-edition messenger bag, and more! Plus their design will be turned into real bookmarks!
Happy designing, and GOOD LUCK!